We have been a leader in “green conferencing” since 2000 using techniques that lessen the impact of meetings and events on the environment.
What does this mean?
- Selection of hotels and meeting sites that are accessible to mass transit
- Accommodations that include in-house recycling, energy conservation, washable/re-usable containers, and linen re-use
- Use of paper products with recycled content and double-sided copying
- Dissemination of conference documentation using electronic means
- EnergyStar electronic equipment
HLA is proud to be associated with the Virginia Environmental Excellence Program.
For more on HLA and green conferencing, please see business writer Sharon McLoone’s Washington Post article